Mequa's Magical Life
Mequanee, better-known as Mequa, was a bichon frise that stole her momma's heart from the beginning. Everything about Mequa enchanted Audrea. She was so silly, so loving, and so expressive. Her steadfast loyalty brought Audrea through the darkest times of her life, and she will always be grateful for that.
- Fall 2004 - Mequa is born in Reno, NV. 8 weeks later, she flies to her permanent home in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Summer 2005 - Audrea assumes full responsibility for Mequa after her siblings move.
- Spring 2006 - Mequa has her first litter of puppies. Audrea's siblings adopt a female pup, named Jasmine.
- Spring 2007 - Mequa has her second and final litter.
- Summer 2007 - Mequa gets a new brother! His name is Nugget, and he's a golden retriever.
- Fall 2007 - Mequa survives a mountain lion attack. She looks like a Franken-dog.
- Spring 2008 - Mequa adopts a kitten she finds in the barn. It grows to be bigger than her!
- Winter 2009 - Mequa survives a second attack, this time from a coyote.
- Spring 2010 - The rest of Audrea's family move out. Mequa and Audrea rule the roost.
- Fall 2011 - Mequa is a 2-eyed, no-horned, walking, PURPLE, treat-eater for Halloween. She is not amused.
- Fall 2012 - Mequa and Audrea move in with Dex and his family. Things are serious between Dex and Audrea.
- Winter 2013 - Mequa, Audrea, and Dex move into their new home!
- Spring 2013 - Mequa gets a new sister! Her name is Ally, and she is a shiba inu mix.
- Spring 2015 - Audrea and Dex get married, but Mequa and Ally are the stars of the wedding.
- Fall 2016 - Mequa road-trips across the country with Audrea.
- Spring 2018 - Audrea begins to carry Mequa in a sling on their trips to the park. She loves this.
- Fall 2018 - Mequa enjoys more and more time curled up on the couch, snoring away.
- Winter 2019 - Held in Audrea's arms, Mequa peacefully crosses the rainbow bridge.
- Spring 2019 - Juniper Rose, a whippet puppy, is born. Audrea knows Mequa's spirit lives on in this bundle of joy.
Losing Mequa was truly the most difficult experience of Audrea's life. Though she knows it sounds crazy, she is comforted by her belief that her new puppy is Mequa's reincarnated form. Juniper Rose constantly does silly things (like devouring lettuce) that remind Audrea so much of Mequa that sometimes she can't help but cry. She will always love Mequa, her precious baby girl.
Visit Mequa's Photo Album to see more!